shell variable

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

narsi1111
Participant

shell variable

Post by narsi1111 »

Hi

i wants to pass shell varible as datastage job parameter. please any body can help me.my DBA was aking me to pass shell variable as datastage job parameter insted of job level parameter

Thanks

Narsi
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi Narsi,
Its possibile. But need more details. If you are calling a job using the shell (command line) using dsjob -run option you can pass the parameter to the job using -param option. And the value can be your shell variable. If you are some way referring to Environmental variable, again its possible. Search for $ENV you ll get to know.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Where is this shell variable present? Use a routine to invoke the file that sets this shell variable and within the same routine read the value using echo $SHELLVARIABLE. It will spit out the value. All this can be done using DSExecute() within a routine.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.