Strange Fatal Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sshettar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Strange Fatal Error

Post by sshettar »

Hi All,

Well i have this job where i'm doing a lookup and creating the resulting dataset and also another dataset for the rejects too.
when i run the job , the job's aborting and the fatal error its throwing is

Lookup_32,0: Could not open table file "/ascential/datastage/70/d02/DataStage/Datasets/lookuptable.20070305.2w25xmd" for mmapping: Permission denied

I really dont understnd what this error means

Could somebody explain what this error indicates and help me resove the issue .

the flow of my job is like this

Lookup fileset

Dataset......>Lookup.........>Dataset
.Rejected_Data
Dataset

and the lookup keys are
Prom_Id
Offer_Id
Kit_Id

Thanks in advance
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Strange Fatal Error

Post by DSguru2B »

sshettar wrote:Lookup_32,0: Could not open table file "/ascential/datastage/70/d02/DataStage/Datasets/lookuptable.20070305.2w25xmd" for mmapping: Permission denied
The error message tells you that you do not have permissions to that folder/file. Does your datastage id have access to that particular folder and file.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check that every directory in the pathname exists and that you have sufficient access both to read it and to use it in a pathname.

Check also that the Lookup File Set was successfully created, and that its LFiles have not subsequently been deleted by some zealous operator.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.