RTI Error in PX

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

soporte
Premium Member
Premium Member

RTI Error in PX

Post by soporte »

I am testing Information Server v8 using DataStage v8 with Information Service Director (former RTI) and when I run a Parallel job using RTI stages I get the following errors:

main_program: PATH search failure:

main_program: Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "rtiinput"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers

main_program: Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "rtioutput"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers

Everything works fine with server jobs and Parallel jobs without RTI stages work fine too.

Does anybody know what is going on?

Thx
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Here's another thought....how are you trying to run it? Have you fully "deployed" it via the Information Server Console? You can't run such jobs via the DS Director....

also.... does a Server job, using WISD to Transformer to WISD work ok when fully deployed via the Console?

Ernie
soporte
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by soporte »

I deployed the application via the Information Server Console. The job aborts as soon as a job instance starts with that error message in Director log.

All the server jobs deployed via the console as a service run fine.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Ernie, is there some executable in a different directory for WISD than for all other jobs, and that directory is not in the user's PATH? That's what it appears to be, but I can't think which directory it might be.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

You've got me on that one Ray, and you may be right........my v8 EE jobs with RTI work fine, so it's hard to think this isn't something that went awry during install.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Although this tutorial is about integrating WebSphere Federation Server with DataStage, it uses RTI to do so and therefore may help you to compare your approach with the one they used. In particular, Section 3 is specifically about how to configure DataStage RTI to run the DataStage jobs as web services.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
osuru75
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: RTI Error in PX

Post by osuru75 »

Hi,
I am also having the same issue, can you pl tell me what is the solution you find ?
Thanks//Subra
Subra Osuru
osuru75
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: RTI Error in PX

Post by osuru75 »

Hi,
i am also having the same issue.I can successfully deploy server jobs and able to consume them. But the parallel jobs are throwing the main_program: PATH search failure: etc etc .... error right after i deploy the job. Can you pl tell me how you resoled this issue.I really appreciate your help.
Thanks & Regards//Subra
Subra Osuru
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Not sure...as noted above, I can only guess that it's an install issue. Support may have seen something like this.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>