RTI Console Error

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

gsbrown
Premium Member
Premium Member

RTI Console Error

Post by gsbrown »

I followed the instructions for installing RTI Server, RTI Agent, and RTI Console with the embedded IBM Websphere Application server.

The installation went without any errors, but I'm getting this error when attempting to register a new server. If anyone's familiar with this error, can you tell me what might be causing this.

"The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occured on a receive. 'http://172.16.14.2:9080/rti/services/Console' does not seem to be responding at the moment.
Are you sure you want to set this RTI server end-point?
Click 'abort' to discard the operation.
Click 'ignore' to keep this RTI server anyway, if you think it might be up and running later"

I don't understand, from this error, why the link isn't responding or what is not "up and running".

I followed the steps in the Admin guide for verifying that RTI Server is running. I can successfully navigate to http://172.16.14.2:9080/rti and see the RTI Registry page.

thank you!
Greg
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Hi Greg...

Can you click on "all" the link options at the registry page? Sometimes you can see the main page, indicating that the base install of the EARs went ok, but will still blow up if you drive deeper into the page and try to look at the registy (which of course should be empty). If something is wrong there, you'll get a 500 type error in your browser. Of course, in such a case you won't be able to register a new RTI server either.

Usually this means that something is screwy with the RTI meta data database....either it didn't install right, or there are disk access issues in getting to it.

Ernie