QualityStage Certification

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

tzeng
Charter Member
Charter Member

QualityStage Certification

Post by tzeng »

The qualitystage certification is out. Is anybody planning to get certified?
tcj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: QualityStage Certification

Post by tcj »

Yeah I am planning to get certified.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Vincent's blog is out as well. :wink:
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Thanks to tzeng for finding the new certification exam on the IBM website. I don't know of any way to get automatically notified of new exams of interest so I hadn't seen this one arrive.

I don't know enough about the current QualityStage to have any chance of passing the exam. I may try and take it after the next product release when QualityStage becomes four DataStage plugins. I think more DataStage sites will be using QualityStage when the products are fully merged.
splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by splayer »

My personal opinion. This version of QS, 7.5, is NOT a stable version. It is very buggy. Also, there are some critical features that could make people whole lot more productive are not there. I would think that some of these features would be common sense.

Integrating QS with DS is not a good idea. It might bring DS sales down.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I always thought that the functionality of QS was excellent in the matching and standardisation but what was letting it down was the architecture. Most problems can be debugged and fixed but what I found annoying was the way it wasn't entirely client server: the Access repository and pattern file directories. The transfers to the server. They way it behaved differently between environments when you migrated the same code. The way it worked when run in QualityStage and not when run in a DataStage plugin.

Moving it onto the DataStage Designer and Information Server repository fixes all the architecture problems. It doesn't degrade DataStage as it is still an optional extra to a DataStage implementation or a standalone product.
tcj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tcj »

splayer wrote:My personal opinion. This version of QS, 7.5, is NOT a stable version. It is very buggy. Also, there are some critical features that could make people whole lot more productive are not there. I would think that some of these features would be common sense.

Integrating QS with DS is not a good idea. It might bring DS sales down.
Care to say what these critical features are?

Having seen the new version at an IBM conference earlier this year I think they have done the right thing with Integrating QS with DS.

After having to create a hack to get around the poorly implemented QS plug-in for DataStage I am thankful that they are moving away from this plug-in setup.
tzeng
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by tzeng »

tzeng wrote:The qualitystage certification is out. Is anybody planning to get certified?
Finally got time to read through all the pdf, took the exam and pass it with score 89%.
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

Do you have tips as to how to pass the exam?
nash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nash »

tzeng wrote:
tzeng wrote:The qualitystage certification is out. Is anybody planning to get certified?
Finally got time to read through all the pdf, took the exam and pass it with score 89%.
whr do you get the materials to study for the certification exam???
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is a one day certification preparation class (code DX224).

It is being offered on the Sunday leading in to IOD 2007.

Other than that, I am not aware of any specific preparation materials. The requirements for certification include completion of the class DX730 (QualityStage Essentials) plus some real-world experience.

If you are at IOD 2007 you can take the certification exam there, for free!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tzeng
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by tzeng »

Ray is right. Other than the pdf files coming with QualityStage, I don't have any testing materials. But I heard that there are some mock testing exams sold on Internet. Not sure it's real.

If you are currently working on project with QS, read the pdfs carefully. I think that would be enough to pass the exam. That's what I did.

Good luck with it.

nash wrote:
tzeng wrote:
whr do you get the materials to study for the certification exam???
tzeng
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by tzeng »

As for the tips, another thing I want to mention is the exam objectives.
Although some of objectives are simple and ambiguous, keep them in mind when you read through those pdf files.
abc123 wrote:Do you have tips as to how to pass the exam?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is a one-day certification exam preparation class ( code DX224). For those contemplating taking the exam at IOD 2007, they are running the class on Sunday, October 14.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.