logon denied

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

satyame171
Participant

logon denied

Post by satyame171 »

Hi to all,

Hi this is satya. When i am running the sever job its finished.after i will run the sequence job that server job is aborted.

The error is coming like this:
Unknown: DSCGetStrStageProp value (??) of property (PASSWORD) contains unmappable characters (MS1252)
ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

When i am giving the username and password as hard coded its finished.

Please help me in this problem.
satheesh
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

"invalid username/password; logon denied "
Are giving the password as Encrypted? The parameter passed in the Database job should be covered with #. #PasswordParameter#.
Though it will just show you *'s.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The message suggests that there are characters in your password that can not be processed by your NLS map (MS1252, US-English). Or this may be an incompatibility with Oracle's NLS mapping. Are you using the same settings for DataStage character mapping and for Oracle character mapping? What is the NLS_LANG environment variable setting?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

When i am running the sever job its finished.after i will run the sequence job that server job is aborted.
Since Satya, able to run the job individually, NLS shouldnt be an issue. Should be somewhere in the method of passing the password value.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'