Problems with RTI

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Alex_sp
Participant

Problems with RTI

Post by Alex_sp »

Hi all, (sorry by my poor English)
I try to test a lot of maps that runs correctly but when I use the RTI and i register an opertaion for the service, RTI agent throws me this error:
"No Operation Handler is available for Handler Type 'TX'.
The RTI Console called the RTI server with illegal arguments."

I have installed all products in the same machine (DataStage products, RTI console, RTI Agent and RTI server).

-every service (SOAP over HTTP) that i test returns me:
<faultstring>java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is: java.rmi.RemoteException: ; nested exception is: javax.ejb.EJBException: Exception trying to invoke operation adsad: No handlers are available to process this request.</faultstring>

-RTI Agent log error:
running. Starting ...
2006-08-28 09:11:04,734 [Thread-3] INFO com.ascentialsoftware.rti.tx.TxRmiServerController - Tx RMI Server is not running on rmi://localhost:2500/DataStageTXRMIServer

-RTI Agent properties file:
rtiagent.port=2000
rtiagent.objectport=
tx.enabled=true
jre.home=C\:\\Archivos de programa\\Java\\jre1.5.0_03

# Handler configuration
handler.0.type=TX
handler.0.class=com.ascentialsoftware.rti.agent.handler.tx.TxHandler
handler.1.type=Echo
handler.1.class=com.ascentialsoftware.rti.agent.handler.echo.EchoHandler
handler.count=2

# Query configuration
query.0.type=TX
query.0.class=com.ascentialsoftware.rti.agent.query.tx.TxQuery
query.count=1

# Task configuration
task.0.class=com.ascentialsoftware.rti.tx.TxRmiServerController
task.count=1

# TX configuration
tx.map.cache.enabled=false
tx.home=C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0
tx.map.root=C\:\\Ascential\\RTIAgent\\maps
server.port=2500
tx.rmi.host=localhost
tx.rmi.ping.interval=15000
tx.rmi.delay.time=5000
tx.rmi.class=com.ascentialsoftware.rti.tx.TxRmiServerStarterImpl
tx.rmi.resource=C\:\\Ascential\\RTIAgent\\classes
tx.rmi.debug=false
tx.rmi.jvm.options=
tx.rmi.class.path=C\:\\Ascential\\RTIAgent\\classes;C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0\\dstxpi.jar;C\:\\Ascential\\RTIAgent\\lib\\rtiagent.jar
tx.rmi.adapter.classpath=C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0\\communication.jar;C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0\\eventserver.jar;C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0\\eventserverclient.jar;C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0\\eventserverhelper.jar;C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0\\importlib.jar;C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0\\jbcl.jar;C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0\\m4corba.jar;C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0\\m4java.jar;C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0\\m4jca.jar;C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0\\m4jms.jar;C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0\\m4jndi.jar;C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0\\m4mime.jar;C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0\\m4qs.jar;C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0\\mdf.jar;C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0\\mejbadpi.jar;C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0\\mercjava.jar;C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0\\mercjavadocs.jar;C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0\\mercjavatypes.jar;C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0\\MgmtConsole.jar;C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0\\resourceregistry.jar;C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0\\xerces.jar;C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0\\xmlsimp.jar
tx.rmi.library.path=C\:\\Ascential\\DataStageTX_8.0
tx.rmi.parameters=
tx.rmi.log=C\:\\Ascential\\RTIAgent\\logs\\txrmiserver.log
log.mode.full=true

-version of DataStage is "8.0 ( 81 )"

Thanks for all.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I am not certain that you need to use the RTI components for DataStage TX, which is what you appear to be doing. If I understand correctly, the RTI components allow you to expose server or parallel jobs as services, thereby implementing a service-oriented architecture.

May I suggest posting the same question, or a reference to it, on the DataStage TX forum, in case there are those there who don't look at this (DataStage SOA Edition) forum?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Alex_sp
Participant

Post by Alex_sp »

ray.wurlod wrote:I am not certain that you need to use the RTI components for DataStage TX, which is what you appear to be doing. If I understand correctly, the RTI components allow you to expose server or parallel j ...
The problem is that i want to create a web service from a map. When i attach a datastage map to the operation of the service , it throws me this exception:
"No Operation Handler is available for Handler Type 'TX'.
The RTI Console called the RTI server with illegal arguments."

And if a test the service, it throws me this exception:

java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is: java.rmi.RemoteException: ; nested exception is: javax.ejb.EJBException: Exception trying to invoke operation adsad: No handlers are available to process this request.

it happens with all maps. i try with a simple map that receives a String as an Input and returns the string capitalized.
thanks for all.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Would it work better if you invoked your map from within a DataStage server job (through a DataStage TX stage) and exposed the server job as the web service? Just a thought - I have no experience with DataStage TX whatsoever.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well, from using the RTI/SOA Edition I can tell you that TX jobs are valid for it to handle. However, I'm not sure you can install everything on one server. And you haven't mentioned what you are using on the RTI Agent side of the equation - WebSphere, Web Logic, etc? And how did you setup and configure the content store that RTI needs - using the built-in Derby database or something else like Oracle?

You would probably be best served by contacting Ascential support...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Alex_sp
Participant

Post by Alex_sp »

chulett wrote:Well, from using the RTI/SOA Edition I can tell you that TX jobs are valid for it to handle. However, I'm not sure you can install everything on one server. And you haven't mentioned what you are using on the RTI Agent side of the equation - WebSphere, Web Logic, etc? And how did you setup and configure the content store that RTI needs - using the built-in Derby database or something else like Oracle?

You would probably be best served by contacting Ascential support...
RTI is configured with websphere.
about de configuration of the content store I think that it is whit oracle.
I open an incidence with support ...

thanks for your attention
Alex_sp
Participant

Post by Alex_sp »

Well, we've solved this error.
In our case, the problem was a duplicated dll file (xerces-c_2_4_0.dll) and the solution is to erase this dll from the directory windows\system32.

:D
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Thank you for posting the resolution. This will help anyone who encounters the same problem in future.