Fatal error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datastagehunter
Participant

Fatal error

Post by datastagehunter »

Hi
we have a production environment which contains server and parallel jobs ,out of all jobs one PX job is aborting with this error
When checking operator: When binding output schema variable "outRec": When binding output interface field "DISPLAY_SEQ" to field "DISPLAY_SEQ": Converting a nullable source to a non-nullable result;
could any body relpy me why this is happening
hi
i want to learn datastage which was use ful for emprove my skills
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Its occuring because in one of your stages:
the mapping from input to output column is such that DISPLAY_SEQ which is nullable in the input column but is defined as not nullable in the output of the mapping.
You need to handle null values check for nulls may you need to some thing like this

Code: Select all

If IsNotNull(DISPLAY_SEQ) Then DISPLAY_SEQ Else NullTovalue().
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Abort may be due to excessive warning message (50 max). But why the job with warning has been promoted to Production without been handling in Development or Testing environment?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
thompsonp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by thompsonp »

If you are using a transformer you simply need to use
NullToValue(DISPLAY_SEQ, new_value). The If Then Else is not required.

Alternatively if you are not already using a transformer use the handle_null function in a Modify stage (see the video tech tip).

In your original post have you truncated the warning message you received? It probably adds something along the lines of 'a fatal runtime error could occur'.

And it did.