Two Tech Tips uploaded

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Two Tech Tips uploaded

Post by chulett »

Sorry, not sure where else to put this such that it wouldn't almost immediately disappear in the deluge. And since I'm still getting pinged on this, I'm going to copy the relevant information from this post to here so it stands out a little more...

Ok... as mentioned earlier, I'm not really excited about starting a mailing service so please stop asking me to send it to you. At some point this site will have a File Library, but in the meantime since ADN does I've uploaded a zip file there.

It has two 'official' Ascential Tech Tips in it from the year 2000 for Server jobs - one on how to handle all three types of SCDs and another bonus one on generating test data with a job that sources from a Transformer. The basic concept in the latter can come in very handy in several other circumstances as well. Both techniques are still valid in our much more modern and enlightened age. :wink:

Here's a direct link to the Category there. The file is called 'TwoTechTips.zip' and is in the Documentation or Instructions category. If you don't have an account there, you really should get one.

And for those of you without access to ADN, our illustrious Kim Duke has graciously hosted the file at his website as well:

http://www.duke-consulting.com/Download ... chTips.zip

Make sure you check out his site while you're there, don't just download and run!

Thanks Kim! :D
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Seems like someone has been pinning down our good ol friend Craig.
It happens :twisted:
Jokes apart, thank you so much for doing that, i will definately check it out on ADN.
Cheers,
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.