warning in XML

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

warning in XML

Post by somu_june »

HI,

I Have a job which contains Mq .Iam parsing the message through an XML input PX stage. In input message I have a message like this
<Country>1.0000</Country>
<Economy> </Economy>.

The input columm is a LongVarChar Sql type and output is a decimal (7,4) for Economy . When I am writting to sequential file . Iam not able to load this record with <Economy> null and I can load other 23 records out of 24 records in sequential file which has Economy not null . It is giving a following warning in log.

XML_Input,0: Unable to set output decimal field value from argument string ' ' in function setOutputFieldAsDecimal() for field '14' in output dataset '0'.

Please help me how to load the record with Economy null in a sequential file.

Thanks,
SomaRaju.
somaraju
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
It seems to me your issue is writing a NULL value to a sequential file and is not related to XML.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Are you trying to feed default null value as '' to output Decimal field?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by somu_june »

Hi Kumar ,

I have <Country>1.0000</Country>
<Economy> </Economy>.

The Economy is null in some cases it is comming as a message and I gave in output as decimal (7,4) . Iam using a XMLInputPXStage in the input Iam giving as LongVarchar and in output for Economy columm I am giving it as decimal (7,4) .Is this the problem with the decimal output .

If it is like this
<Economy></Economy>.

Iam able to load the record that contains null i.e Economy in this condition in a sequential file

Thanks,
SomaRaju.
somaraju
somu_june
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by somu_june »

Hi,

<Economy> </Economy>.

I have to interpet empty string as Null and can any one tell me how to transform empty string to Numeric equivalent.

Thanks,
Somaraju.
somaraju
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What is your business rule? That is, what should be the "numeric equivalent" of ""?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.