Error running job control in job sequence.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nishant_prakash
Participant

Error running job control in job sequence.

Post by nishant_prakash »

Hi Datastage Gurus',
I have this particular problem,the reason to which that i have not been able to identify.
I am running a Job control job via a sequence. However, the sequence aborts everytime i run it. I get the following warning messages in back to back in the log:

1)DWSTG_MPARK_Monthly_Sequence..JobControl (DSPrepareJob): Could not run job ExecJob.DWSTG_MPARK_Process_Hours_JC in reset mode (code=-99)

2)DWSTG_MPARK_Monthly_Sequence..JobControl (@Process_Hours_JC): Controller problem: Error calling DSPrepareJob(ExecJob.DWSTG_MPARK_Process_Hours_JC)
(DSRunJob) Job ExecJob.DWSTG_MPARK_Process_Hours_JC is still running.

The funny part is that when i compile the job control it compiles. If at all it were running, as suggested by the second warning message, it would not compile. I even tried to release alll resource of the job control by logging out of the processes. However, when i rerun the sequence, i get this strange warning again.
And yes one more thing, The job status in the director still shows that the job control is running, while all the instance jobs have finished running. It seems that Job control is unable to stop executing even when all the job instances it runs have finished..
Please help asap.
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

Hi

Go to the director and reset this job "DWSTG_MPARK_Process_Hours_JC" then try to run it again.

Thanks
Sam