Production

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

murali
Participant

Production

Post by murali »

Hi DSGurus,
Can any one tell how and what are all the fators to be considered for production environment. Any great answers will be apprecitated.
Thankyou,
MJ
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Could you please elaborate your question so that you could have more chances of being helped here. What exactly are you looking for?

Kris
diamondabhi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by diamondabhi »

The first thing would be using parameters, if you are using version control then making the production jobs read only. And as kris said post more specific questions.
Every great mistake has a halfway moment, a split second when it can be recalled and perhaps remedied.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you post the name of the company interviewing you, someone here may be aware of their standard questions and expected answers.
:roll:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
murali
Participant

Post by murali »

Hello Ray,

No company is interviewing me iam working for an MNC and as a devloper. My request was to know about the Production environment so that i would be aware of that and can you pls let me know some information about the production environment and how the set up and migration of the project is done to production environment.
Thanks in advance
Murali