I always get an error msg: ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

caterin_huang
Participant

I always get an error msg: ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen

Post by caterin_huang »

I want to create a simple job loading data from text to a new DB2 table in AIX server. But, whenever I want to view data, it always get an error like ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen

fyi,I'm using windows client to create the job
what should I do to fix it?
Really appreciate your help :)

Caterin
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Does the job work properly? (That is, are data transferred properly?) View Data utility is not always a reliable indicator - use some other tool to view the source and target.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Please post the complete, unedited error and also let us know if this is the first time anyone is trying to connect to DB2 with DataStage.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
caterin_huang
Participant

Post by caterin_huang »

Hi,
Thanks for responding.
Yes, this is the complete error code when I try to view data. I've tried to compile and run the job, and it is aborted too. Is it related to something like DB2 configuration or environment variables in Datastage?
When I see the log of the job, it said that it can't load something wtih so file extension. (Sorry, I forgot what it exactly was, because I'm not in the office right now)
this is the first time i use the datastage at this server..

Thanks very much for helping
Caterin
caterin_huang
Participant

Post by caterin_huang »

Hi,
I just get the exactly error..

it says:

main_program: Fatal Error: Fatal: Shared library (dsdb2.so) failed to load: errno = (2), system message = (No such file or directory)

and this is happen each time I perform a job (seq file -- - > Db2 UDB API)

Thanks for helping
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Failure to load shared libraries is typically caused by the shared library search path (an environment variable called LD_LIBRARY_PATH, LIBPATH or SHLIB_PATH, depending on your particular operating system) not being set correctly, in this case not including the parent directory of dsdb2.so.
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
caterin_huang
Participant

Post by caterin_huang »

ray.wurlod wrote:Failure to load shared libraries is typically caused by the shared library search path (an environment variable called LD_LIBRARY_PATH, LIBPATH or SHLIB_PATH, depending on your particular operating sy ...
hi,
unfortunately I can't see all of the solution because it is a premium content.. do u mind to send it by Private message? I really appreciate your help. I need the solution how to set the shared library search part.. thanks very much :)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm afraid he does mind.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Well, U (one of our posters) may not mind, but I do.

Premium memberships are one way that the hosting and bandwidth costs of DSXchange are defrayed. I do not intend to set any precendent that might prejudice this funding by bypassing it.

The second person personal pronoun in English is spelled "you", not "u". Please strive for a professional standard of written English on DSXchange. It helps those whose first language is not English. Further, there is no 140-character limit on posts within DSXchange: it is not an SMS-enabled device.
caterin_huang
Participant

Post by caterin_huang »

ray.wurlod wrote:Well, U (one of our posters) may not mind, but I do.

Premium memberships are one way that the hosting and bandwidth costs of DSXchange are defrayed. I do not intend to set any precendent that might prejudice this funding by bypassing it.

The second person personal pronoun in English is spelled "you", not "u". Please strive for a professional standard of written English on DSXchange. It helps those whose first language is not English. Further, there is no 140-character limit on posts within DSXchange: it is not an SMS-enabled device.
sorry for what I did.. I am new to this forum and I am from Indonesia. But, thanks for the willing to help. I'll consider to join the premium member later. :)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Actually there wasn't that much more, so I'm removing the Premium nature of that post.

Selamat jalan
caterin_huang
Participant

Post by caterin_huang »

ray.wurlod wrote:Actually there wasn't that much more, so I'm removing the Premium nature of that post.

Selamat jalan
hi, thanks very much for your kindness. and nice to know that you can speak a little bahasa.

Terima Kasih :p
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Is there anywhere that Ray has not spread the word? I think not. :wink:
-craig

caterin_huang
Participant

Post by caterin_huang »

ray.wurlod wrote:Failure to load shared libraries is typically caused by the shared library search path (an environment variable called LD_LIBRARY_PATH, LIBPATH or SHLIB_PATH, depending on your particular operating system) not being set correctly, in this case not including the parent directory of dsdb2.so.
hi Ray,
I have tried to changed the LIBPATH environment variable on the AIX machine. It can be compiled. But when I try to run the job, it still can't success with the error message:

Code: Select all

temp_ols_coll: Error Idx = 1;
DB2Driver Embedded SQL message: ;
sqlcode = -1390;
sqlstate =      
thanks very much for everyone who kindly help me :)

Caterin
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That, of course, is an entirely different message, indicating that the original problem has been solved.

To make life easier for future searchers, please start a new thread for the new problem.