Orchadmin issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Orchadmin issue

Post by nagarjuna »

Hi all ,

I am facing a problem with orchadmin command . With the help of orchadmin command i am sending the data into a flat file .

orchadmin dump -delim '~' datasetname > filename

With this i am getting all the rows .But when i opened the flat file filename , i observed that fields got shifted .Is this expected behaviour ?
Nag
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Please define what "got shifted" means. I suspect I know, but would rather not guess or assume.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

Shifted means -- i have 30 fields ...say f1,f2,f3,...f30 . When i have transferred the data into sequential file , i am getting f7 as my first field .So , data got shifted bt 6 fields .Hope it is clear now .
Nag
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Are you saying that the columns are not ordered as you expect.

This depends on the way you created it. For example, do you use RCP?
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

Thanks for the response .

Yes i am saying columns are not in order .Actually i am trying to convert a dataset to flat file . So , i used orchadmin dump command .When i saw the sequential file col's are not in order .I saw the job in which this dataset is created .In that , RCP is not enabled .But , my question is orchadmin should dump the data in the same order as that specified in dataset meta data .So , orchadmin also depends on RCP ?
Nag
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Dump your schema from the dataset, "orchadmin describe -c -s YourDataset" - is the column information correct there?
chanaka
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Orchadmin issue

Post by chanaka »

Dear Experts,

I am also facing a similar issue. When I do the dsrecords, it lists the number of records properly. However in the dump file I am getting columns out of the order. The challenge I am facing is, it is not giving me any output for orchadmin describe -c -s <data set name>. Any help is very much appreciated.