IBM Datastage / db2 connection Issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Jinaanoo
Participant

IBM Datastage / db2 connection Issue

Post by Jinaanoo »

Hi,

I would to ask you If you can help to fix an issue on IBM Infosphere Datastage 11.3

With DB2 Connector Stage we catch the follwing error:

The connection failed.
SQLConnect reported: SQLSTATE = 08004: Native Error Code = -30061:Msg = [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30061N The database alias or database name "dbname " was not found at the remote node.

[img]

1- the database was catalogued in the Datastage server and I can connect to the remote database which located in other server

2- I have tested the connexion to this database directly using IBM data studio successfully

3- Connection test via DB2 Connector failed as I mentionned above

4- I have tested to connect to other catalogued database without any issue. This is typically a db2 issue If I am not wrong

Did you have any idea or could you route me to support to be helped?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards
workload or overload
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Welcome to DSXchange Jinaanoo, just to be clear, nobody here is your official support team. We HELP however we can.

You should reach out to your local DataStage admin team.
You should reach out to your local DB2 DBA team.
You should reach out to your IBM support if the first two do not work out. Typically that task would be for your DataStage admins to coordinate.

That being said, here is what I would do (Note: I'm a DataStage admin).

I would start by trying your connectivity test from the Unix command line. Use the installed db2 client and try that connection (from unix DataStage host).
I see that you are using a SERVER job, please make sure of that since a Parallel job "might" have been dispatched to a different host if your APT file told it to.
intelcom
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: IBM Datastage / db2 connection Issue

Post by intelcom »

Are you using same Db instance in connector stage as when you catalogueing the database?
Jinaanoo wrote:Hi,

I would to ask you If you can help to fix an issue on IBM Infosphere Datastage 11.3

With DB2 Connector Stage we catch the follwing error:

The connection failed.
SQLConnect reported: SQLSTATE = 08004: Native Error Code = -30061:Msg = [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30061N The database alias or database name "dbname " was not found at the remote node.

[img]

1- the database was catalogued in the Datastage server and I can connect to the remote database which located in other server

2- I have tested the connexion to this database directly using IBM data studio successfully

3- Connection test via DB2 Connector failed as I mentionned above

4- I have tested to connect to other catalogued database without any issue. This is typically a db2 issue If I am not wrong

Did you have any idea or could you route me to support to be helped?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: IBM Datastage / db2 connection Issue

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's a trailing space character in your database name/alias that may be giving you some difficulty.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.