WebService call with SSL authentication

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hobocamp
Premium Member
Premium Member

WebService call with SSL authentication

Post by hobocamp »

This is hopefully a pretty basic question, but I've gotten some confusing information from IBM regarding it, so I wanted to seek advice here -

I have a requirement to make a web service call (Soap), and using SSL authentication.

I've used the WebService pack to make API calls before, but the SSL requirement is new for me.

The client has or course provided the digitatl certificate. To get the connection working, is it simply a matter of using Keytool to create a keystore and import the certificate into the DS engine tier, and then update .dsenv?

Unless I'm mistaken, some of IBM's documentation seems to indicate doing some of the tasks on the DS client side, but I would think it's all done at the server.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Tom
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Hi Tom. It's been a long time since I've done it, but any confusion probably depends mostly on how you obtain the WSDL. The "client" has to be able to go out and get the wsdl. "Sometimes", the access to the WSDL is protected, so you might need to go thru some twists and turns to get that ok....

...but hopefully you can load up the wsdl just fine, and get the signature of the SOAP service, and load it successfully into the Stage at design time.

Ultimately, you are correct, the "real issue" for any certificate configuration is getting the details of the key information onto your DataStage Server --- which in this context, is the "client" of the runtime web service call. The "DataStage Client" has nothing to do with that.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
hobocamp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hobocamp »

Thanks for your reply Ernie.

As I still am trying to resolve this, is there any way that I could see the full post without it being hidden? I paid for a thirty day premium membership a week ago but so far still it still hasn't taken effect. :(
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Give this a shot.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers