Blocked by the DoD

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Blocked by the DoD

Post by chulett »

Ah well, gone are the days of midday help from my Government laptop. As of today I get the huge dreaded eagle laden BLOCKED page with a note that says the reason is "Outdated PHP". :cry:

Maybe someday outdated no more...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
UCDI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by UCDI »

I used to work for DOD. We had a couple of machines that were not certified and did not touch our networks etc for getting on the web and looking stuff up, and the certified machines that were locked down to the point you could barely work on them.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yup, there is one "off network" station on the floor but it is only for certain specific functions that require that, not general web surfing. Unfortunately. :wink:

And our government issue laptops are locked down pretty tight... USB ports blocked, drives encrypted, some work must be done "on the OOB" which means no access to anything "out of bounds" like email or printing or the internet.

Fun stuff.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I work for Australia's DoD where, curiously, dsxchange.com is blocked but www.dsxchange.com is not!

There is a mechanism for requesting that a particular site be unblocked (at least here there is). The case is usually that the site is relevant to your work. That's a case easily made.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sure, there is such a mechanism here as well. Problem is it's not relevant to my work. :wink:
-craig