How to process/output only the first of multiple records

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

Hi Manito,
How about a virtual table to represent the right table with the desired records to return only one when joining with the left table? Of course you would need to use regular SQL techniques to get the table as you want...

Another way will be to do the entire join in a virtual table
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
truenorth
Participant

Post by truenorth »

Buenas dias, manito! Glad to be able to touch base here.
JRodriguez wrote:Hi Manito,
How about a virtual table to represent the right table with the desired records to return only one when joining with the left table? Of course you would need to use regular SQL techniques to get the table as you want...
Unfortunately, you're right...that table would have to be created outside of IA. I would have to involve other folks - DBA, IT infrastructure (they do IMAM, I don't). They do not have the bandwidth at the moment. I was hoping to use IA to pull this off.
JRodriguez wrote:Another way will be to do the entire join in a virtual table
Only possible in 11.5, which is currently being installed and won't be vetted until yearend. We're still in 11.3 which only allows for very basic SQL for VTs.

Thanks for your insight though. Always helpful to pick your brilliant mind.

On another note, are you guys still using IA? Or did you stick with Datastage for DQ?
Todd Ramirez
Sr Consultant, Data Quality
San Antonio TX