Framework Manager - Cognos

This forum is the beginning of our inclusion of Cognos users to have their own place to go within our community. It is said the ETL and BI don't intersect, but as IBM integrates their platforms, there are less lines of demarcation between the two.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

devsonali
Premium Member
Premium Member

Framework Manager - Cognos

Post by devsonali »

Hello Gurus

I am new to Cognos 10.2 - have some basic expereince in FM . The scenario is that there is a report requirement which needs to check for key change in a perticular column and within the group of same key rows - do a few checks based on certain date columns and create a new column to flag to say 'Y' or 'N'.
I have handelled these scenarios previously using datastage but now trying to find if there is a way to similar transformations in Cognos (either FM or Report Studio ) - From the little research I did I can say that this kind of transformation is only handlled by ETL tools but probably cannot be handled within cognos even if it has capabilities of creating new columns in a query subject and doing if else logic - purely because here the condition is based on grouping rows of data and not 'per' each row (if that makes sense)

It will be nice to know your comments based on the scenario .

Thank you