How to map XML composers target fields to Transformer stage?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

skhan2@gmx.us
Participant

How to map XML composers target fields to Transformer stage?

Post by skhan2@gmx.us »

Hi,
How to map XML composers target fields to Transformer stage?.
Requirement :to send XML to Web service(People soft) but requirement not allowing us to send XML as single string.

So,please response if any one have any idea?

Thanks in Advance.
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

I guess that you would need to land the file coming out of hierarchical stage to pick it up as a full XML file but if you just need the full XML content you always could refer to the XML content by just providing the root "/" in your next transformer for the description of the column, if the hierarchical stage is connected to the transformer stage

Would that do the trick?
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

This is a reason I always recommend that you NEVER ask the Hierarchical Stage or the xmlOutput Stage to do their own I/O. There are too many times where instead of writing to disk, you want to write the xml to a message queue, a database, transform it further, or send it to a web service, etc.

As noted above for the xmlOutput Stage, use one big column and put a single slash / in the Description. With the Hierarchical Stage, have one single column and in the Output step, assuming you have done everything correctly up above in the Assembly, map it to the "composer result".

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
skhan2@gmx.us
Participant

Post by skhan2@gmx.us »

Hi Rodriguez,
Could you please share one example how to do the above mentioned requirement in descriptive manner??

Thanks & Regards,
Shahnawaz
UCDI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by UCDI »

depending on what exactly you have at your disposal, you can dump the xml to a xml field in an xml capable database and pull the columns back out with an xquery statement. This may or may not be available to you and I have no idea if it is efficient to do so (It probably has terrible performance, to be honest). But it does make it easy for some scenarios. YMMV.