DS Project "Protected" status

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

DS Project "Protected" status

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Hello,

Is there a way to find out whether a particular DS project is protected or unprotected via command line either from the client or the DS engine, without having to log into any GUI clients?

I tried searching the forum but couldn't find any answers. Appreciate your inputs very much.

Regards,
Whale.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Not sure if this works but you can try it:

back up DSParms.
protect a project
then diff the files.

Setting might be in there, not sure.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't believe so... sounds like a support question to me.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Thank you. Will get a PMR opened.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

I think the dsadmin command had the ability to protect or unprotect a project from the command line. However, I don't recall if it could report the current setting without initiating a change.

Mike
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

There's no command line way to report this. I've already asked and opened a PMR about it. The setting is buried somewhere that I was unable to locate.

Please see my topic and RFE:

How to display project protection status from command line?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
mouthou
Participant

Re: DS Project "Protected" status

Post by mouthou »

There is no command line way but there is a roundabout way of doing this to get a clue atleast, if there situation is urgent and adhoc (more manual so difficult to automate).

Export a single job from that project from the commandline (if possible in 11x), transfer to local machine, Open the .dsx in notepad and search for Readonly flag (either 0 or 1) will give a clue.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Or you could zcat your isx file and grep for it since an isx file format is just a zipped xml file.