Record loaded issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ntr
Participant

Record loaded issue

Post by ntr »

HI,

Could you please help on below issue.

I am using 8.7 Data stage version

I have created one data stage job and Job finished successfully and in Data stage director also showing data loaded in to target table but when I check the DB level Target table I am getting the Records count 0 only.

But my source and reference table I have more than 50k records.

Could you please let me know where I have to check this problem

Br,
ntr
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Perhaps your DataStage server is pointed to a different database than your database client where you're checking results from.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yup, double-check the basics as it will be something simple like that, I'd wager.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

PROBABLY your DataStage server (Connector, whatever) is pointed to a database different from the one you're inspecting manually.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Palermo
Participant

Post by Palermo »

I suppose that data is dropped. Compare data type and length of columns between the connector stage and the target table, check runtime column propagation in stages.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The numbers you get in DataStage Designer/Director represent the number of rows sent to the database by DataStage; they do not necessarily reflect the number of rows actually accepted by the database server. You should have at least one warning in the job log if there any problems. You can design your job to capture the rows rejected by the database, and to do whatever you like with them (e.g. write to a text file).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Record loaded issue

Post by SURA »

It may be due to Auto commit off in the DB :lol:

Choose the option Auto commit On from the stage.
Thanks
Ram
----------------------------------
Revealing your ignorance is fine, because you get a chance to learn.