Fallen Premium Poster: Kim Duke

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rschirm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Fallen Premium Poster: Kim Duke

Post by rschirm »

As the editor of the DSXchange, and longtime friend, we lost the divine input of Kim Duke this week as he has passed to higher place. Kim, has been a huge supporter of DataStage and the underlying engine and how he could provide his years of insight and wisdom to our community. We are blessed to have known him and shared his posts. Back in the 90's, Kim worked with me while we brought sales and service to VMARK software in the Dallas area. He moved here from Oklahoma, where his family still lives. As he moved to the world of DataStage, he worked with all the versions of DataStage, from release 3 to 11.5 most recently. He's worked with many companies, many IBMers, and always graciously posted on the forum to share his tips and tricks. To many closely associated to the DSX, he was family. As of today, the family hasn't provided ways to share in his personal details (i.e funeral), but as we get them, we will provide them here. Please share your personal light with Kim, now passed and with his family left here. Kim will be forever missed.

Kim's sister Candy is hosting a gathering at Kim's favorite place "Tony's Cafe" (Alma and SpringCreek) on Monday 7/18/2016 @ 7 PM in Memories of Kim. Everyone is invited.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:cry:

Damn. What a shock to open the site up at work and see Kim's mug on the home page and then realize why in the heck he is there. While we didn't get a chance to visit face to face all that much and it has been a few years since I'd last seen him, he was always a friend and a great resource... in his own unique way. He was quite the character and will be truly missed.

<raises a glass to Uncle Kim>
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
premkishore1983
Participant

Re: Fallen Premium Poster: Kim Duke

Post by premkishore1983 »

:cry: May his Soul rest in peace.
johnboy3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by johnboy3 »

Dang! I never met Kim in person, but this is hard to believe.
john3
john3
----------------------------------------------------
InfoSphere 8.5.0.2; DataStage 8.5.0.0; OS-RHEL 6.6; DB-Oracle Enterprise Edition 11g (11.2.0.4)
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

May his soul rest in peace. DataStage users will always be indebted to the man behind the ETLStats library.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I will miss both our forum-based and our private interchanges. I only met Kim a couple of times (since I'm usually on the other side of the planet), but those were always rewarding times. Vale Kim.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

A great champion for helping everyone, regardless of their skill level, and a wonderful advocate for this technology we all immerse ourselves in. He will be missed.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
devsonali
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by devsonali »

Rest in peace.
uppalapati2003
Participant

Re: Fallen Premium Poster: Kim Duke

Post by uppalapati2003 »

Rest in peace.
Srini
abyss
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abyss »

my deepest condolences, rest in peace Kim. We will always remember your contribution to the community.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

This comes as a shock indeed - I remember meeting Kim years ago, in the old VMark days, and perhaps because we haven't met in person in so many years that our infrequent electronic exchanges have become that much more important as a tenuous thread holding us together.

We are but a collection of memories, and those of Kim have a significant place in them.

Ruhe in Frieden, Kim.
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

Kim was not only a good friend, he was a good person. He loved learning to do new tricks with DataStage and then passing those techniques on to others to help them resolve their problems.

His smile as well as his skill will be missed!
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

May his Soul rest in peace.
Thanks
Ram
----------------------------------
Revealing your ignorance is fine, because you get a chance to learn.
Thomas.B
Participant

Post by Thomas.B »

:cry: RIP
BI Consultant
DSXConsult
shiva459
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shiva459 »

RIP ! Kim