Auto-generate SQL in a Connector stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srinath0253
Participant

Auto-generate SQL in a Connector stage

Post by srinath0253 »

Hi,

I searched in DSXchange posts and didn't find matching posts, so I'm writing new topic.

I designed an job in DataStage 8.7. This job has sequential file -> transformer -> Oracle connector. While loading to target stage I'm able to write user defined SQL or SQL built thru the SQL builder option. I feel that the SQL Builder is not handy.

I like old style auto generated SQL method based on columns. In the enterprise stage there is an option to auto generate SQL. Do we get similar kind of stuff in connector stage? In one click we would get insert/update statements based on columns.

Thanks in advance.
Srinath
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes there is, and yes you do. The very first property on the link (Usage grid) in a Connector stage type is Generate SQL, and it takes Yes or No as its value.

If you set it to Yes you must provide the Table Name (of course).
If you set it to No you must provide an SQL statement.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yeah, never was a fan of any kind of 'SQL Builder' option. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
srinath0253
Participant

Post by srinath0253 »

Sorry for late reply.

Ray, im not premium user to see your post.
I gone through all the tabs and options in connector stage but couldn't find any. Are you talking about grid in sql builder?
Srinath