Issue in range lookup

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

soumya5891
Participant

Issue in range lookup

Post by soumya5891 »

I have a simple job where range look up is occuring based on two equality operator and one range(range cols are from reference link).The reference link is made entire partition and sorted on the look up keys.

In datastage 8.5 the job ran fine but in datastage 11.3 the job is failing with the below reasons

1. Updatable lookup requires sorted keys($APT_NO_SORT_INSERTATION=True)
2. Non initialized APT_LOCATOR($APT_NO_SORT_INSERTATION=False)

Is there anything needs to be changed to run range lookup in datastage 11.3?
Soumya
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Is the sort also on the range lookup columns? If not, that could explain the error message.
soumya5891
Participant

Post by soumya5891 »

Sort is already done on the reference link of the lookup stage.In spite of that it's throwing the error message
Soumya
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Did you partition before or after the sort? And is the "from" column in the range lookup also part of the sort?
soumya5891
Participant

Post by soumya5891 »

Entire partition is done on the reference link of the lookup stage
Inline sort on the reference link of the look up stage and it includes the frm col of the range look up in the reference link
Soumya
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Try running the job with a 1-node configuration file to force things to be sequential and see if the error message remains the same.
soumya5891
Participant

Post by soumya5891 »

Yes, I have also tried that option.I put a sort stage in the ref link and run this sort stage sequential only, else are running in parallel This time the job is running fine. From my understandings it seems that anything running on multi node just before the lookup stage in reference link cause the job failure.It's applicable for reference link only

Also job is running fine while removing the in line sort from the reference link and keeping $APT_NO_SORT_INSERTION=False
Soumya