Drop Unmatched Fields - ODBC

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pavankvk
Participant

Drop Unmatched Fields - ODBC

Post by pavankvk »

Hi,

I ran into this issue with the ODBC stage. We use a single job to read different schema files and using RCP load it to different target tables( truncate and insert). Some of the schema files may have additional columns that are not needed in the target table.

On 8.1(our earlier version), the ODBC property "Drop Unmatched Fields" in schema reconciliation is set to Yes and the job runs fine.

The same job on 11.3 complains of the fields from input schema that are not present in the target table.

Is this a bug in 11.4? Has anyone experienced this behavior?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you're using an ODBC Connector you can change the properties so that metadata mismatches cause Warning rather than Failure.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pavankvk
Participant

Post by pavankvk »

tbat doesnt help. I can change to warning but the records dont get inserted
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Version 11.3.1.2 is the most recent version available right now. Version 11.5 has been announced and is to be available to download later this month (Oct 2015).

There are at least 4 yes/no settings in the ODBC Connector stage to test out. Which ones have you tried? If they are not working as expected then contact Support.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius