Calling REST webservice from DataStage v9.1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsgguy
Participant

Calling REST webservice from DataStage v9.1

Post by dsgguy »

Hi -

Requesting your guidance on invoking REST webservice from DataStage px v9.1.2

These webservices are provided by third party vendor and we have the URL's associated with the webserivce call. When I click on this URL and enter the credentials, I can see the XML response; but, not sure on how to configure this in a DataStage job as there is no WSDL for REST web service.

From the research i have done, it looks like we can use "Web Services Transformer" without having any WSDL for REST. But, i still have below questions

1) Where do we need to enter web service URL information in "Web Services Transformer"? Is it under "proxy" tab? Do we need to enter full URL as "host name"?

2) Do we need to enter the same 'username/password' info under 'security and proxy' tabs? OR is threre any difference?

Any help on this is much appreciated. Thanks!!
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

If you are on 9.1, about your only option for REST is to write your own HTTP class and integrate it with DataStage using the Java Integration Stage, or else invoke CURL at the command line with the proper credentials and details and then pick up the resulting response from a file..... in 11.3, use the Hierarchical Stage (XML Stage), which directly supports REST within the Assembly editor (there is a new REST step)......and then can feed its usual JSON or XML response to the XML or JSON parser Steps as appropriate. It handles various security protocols and payload capabilities for the request and the response.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>