XML file with multiple langues values

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DS_Geelu
Participant

XML file with multiple langues values

Post by DS_Geelu »

Hello Everyone. This is my first post. I have scenario, need to load sequential file from xml file with multiple language values. But, need to load only English language values.

Job Design:

EXTERNAL SOURCE--->XML Input--->Transformer--->Sequential File.

And the XML file as follows:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  <Header>
    <ID>99-012-X2011038</ID>
    <Prepared>2013-06-16T10:20:34.0955368-04:00</Prepared>
    <Sender id="STC">
      <Name xml:lang="fr">Statistique Canada</Name>
      <Name xml:lang="en">Statistics Canada</Name>
    </Sender>
  </Header>
Xpath: /Header/Sender/Name/text()

Need to load only lang="en" values into the sequential file. But, XML input stage reads the first value lang="fr default. Since, lang="en" is second value from the list, it is not been loaded.

Please let me if there are any suggestion on this.

Thanks in advance
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Welcome aboard !

This is an interesting one. I certainly can't imagine why in your case you would only retrieve one of the languages. I did a quick test with your data and pulled up both languages downstream just fine (two rows), and then did a constraint in a downstream transformer and looked for column lang="en". Be sure that "Name" in your example is marked as a key and the repetition element.

I did notice that I wasn't able to easily do a filter on "en" directly in the xpath ( using /.../Name[@xml:lang='en']/text() directly in the Description property on the output link ), but I prefer doing filters in DataStage anyway, so I didn't debug it any further. Most future readers of your DataStage code will never know what a filter in xpath means.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
DS_Geelu
Participant

Post by DS_Geelu »

Thanks a lot Eostic. It worked. :D