To use resource constraints you must define multiple 'pools'

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MrBlack
Participant

To use resource constraints you must define multiple 'pools'

Post by MrBlack »

Can someone post a sample apt config file that uses multiple pools?

I heard it was smart to design your parallel job with a parameter as to which config file to use at runtime. So I made a couple of copies of the default config (1-node version, 2 node version, 3 node version, etc..) but on the stage tab -> advanced, I'm still not given the option to change which config file to use.
MrBlack
Participant

Post by MrBlack »

I think i solved it. Thanks to this post:

viewtopic.php?t=155121

and this PDF.

Once I incldued the environment variable as part of the job parameters. I then changed the default value for that variable in my job to point to a new file (3-Node.apt). In that file I had specified 3 nodes, 2 which belonged in a pool and the third node was left out of the fun. So now when I open my oracle stage I see that it's referencing the other config file, and I can made my node constraints to the pool I set up.

Now for the fun part, really thinking about how my configurations should look like for my environment and what kind of pools I should setup :?