Pass output of Webservice call as input argument to another

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shamjad.salam
Participant

Pass output of Webservice call as input argument to another

Post by shamjad.salam »

Hi,

I have a requirement to call 3 IBM RDM Web service sequentially and create an XML output from the 3rd web service call.

Requirement is to use web service call response output value of first web service as input argument values to second web service call. The same need to do between 2nd and 3rd web service.

I have 3 individual jobs which call create output ( currently I have hard coded the input arguments)

My job design is like Web Service Client Stage -----> XML input ----> Sequential File/XML output

Can this be done in single job? if yes how the design would be and how can I pass response of one web service call as input argument value of other?

Thanks,
Sham
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Use a design with two Web Service Client stages instead of one. The output of the first becomes the input to the second. You may require a Modify or Transformer stage between them to get your data "just so".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shamjad.salam
Participant

Post by shamjad.salam »

Thank you Ray!!

I have changed the design as you suggested, but added a XML input stage between Web Service client Stage and Transformer as the out put of first web service call return little bit complex lay out. Output transformer has as required single record with required value in one of the column which I need to pass as input argument value to the next web service call.

Now I am failing how to pass this value to the next webservice call.

Have done following things

1- Second Webservice Client stage, under input tab , input message tab checked user defined message box and selected the column ( 'first_webout') which has the value to be used as input argument value for next webservice call

2- Output tab -- Input Arguments selected the name of the argument ( here it is 'rdValueSetID' ). In value section how to pass ( or what is the syntax to use) the value which I have in above step ?

Can you please help me on this?
shamjad.salam
Participant

Post by shamjad.salam »

Can someone please help on this? any suggestion