Exception while invoking a webservice

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use a test utility such as SOAPui to test the invocation, and to report what comes back in the fault report. The fault information can also be captured in the Web Service Transformer stage, but using SOAPui eliminates anything in DataStage from being the culprit.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mystuff
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mystuff »

I have tested the invocation from SOAPUI and it works fine using the XML that is being generated in the Peek stage.
I am assuming the issue could be one of the following
- There is some special way to handle SOAP Headers. I have tried one in option 3 but still doesn't work
- Internally within webservice stage, something additional is being added to the request XML. I want to find out if there is a way to capture in logs the Webservice Request XML generated just before service is invoked in WebService stage

Thanks,
Riz
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Not sure what your error might be, but here are some things to try:

a) be sure that you are specifying "user defined message" in the pull down of the input link and message tab for your WS Transformer.

b) if the body works inside of SOAPui, header and all, try also just copying "THAT" into an upstream transformer into a derivation for a longvarchar column....and sending that (with the user defined message selected) into your WS Transformer.

c) I can't tell for sure, but it looks like the fault may be coming from the local SOAP engine? That would hint to datatype or namespace issues.

d) prove it by writing a Server Job for this instead of an EE Job. In the Server Job, when you run it, find the Trace tab. Select your WS Transformer on the left and click ALL four options on the right. Run the Job....in the very middle of a voluminous set of log entries, you will see the xml "out" and then the xml back "in". That will help tell you things about whether it's even getting out of the DS box, or what you might be getting back from the server.

e) have a simpler web service, with no header and no security, that works perfectly, and do the same thing with the Trace, so that you have something to compare to.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>