Complex flatfile warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pkll
Participant

Complex flatfile warning

Post by pkll »

HI All,

I am getting below warning message.Let me know how to resolve warning

Import consumed only 460bytes of the record's 461 bytes (no further warnings will be generated from this partition)

My source is Complex flatfile and fixed with data.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Your metadata doesn't match what it found in the file. Perhaps your EOR setting?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check the value of the Record Delimiter property. If this is UNIX style, change it to use the Record Delimiter String property set to DOS style.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
FranklinE
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by FranklinE »

We need a bit more detail. Is the source file from a mainframe system? Are you reading it natively or downloading to the local server first? What is the format of the file in either case?

CFF is designed for Cobol formatted data. The most common storage format is implied record lengths -- the "lrecl" or logical record length -- and your table definition controls everything implicitly. "Fixed width" anything is irrelevant.

Given that, I respectfully suggest that your problem is not delimiters, it's your table definition's compatibility with the file's original storage format.
Franklin Evans
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy." -- Spider Robinson

Using mainframe data FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=143596 Using CFF FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=157872
pkll
Participant

Post by pkll »

chulett wrote:Your metadata doesn't match what it found in the file. Perhaps your EOR setting?
Yes it is working properly.....In meta data total length is 160 .but, data file length is 161 charactes.
now it is working .....
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Now it is working... because you did what to correct it? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers