CDC not giving desired results

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Amin
Premium Member
Premium Member

CDC not giving desired results

Post by Amin »

I am using CDC stage in one of my parallel job. Initially, my target table is empty. First time CDC outputs 10 rows (which are new rows). Next time when I run job it gives same 10 rows for update with change_code=3, which is not correct because this time it should output no rows.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Can we clarify exactly what it is you are doing, please? This "CDC stage" you are using... I'm guessing that this is not the Change Capture Stage but rather the CDC Transaction Stage and you have InfoSphere Change Data Capture running against your source database - something akin to what is shown here?

Details are required before anyone can truly help.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Amin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Amin »

I am using Change Data capture stage not CDC transaction stage.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

A little sparse on the details, don't you think?
-craig

qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Your job design or change capture stage settings may be incorrect. Double check those areas. You may also want to review the online help for that stage because "it should output no rows" does not sound correct.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

There can be many reasons for getting all records for update. But since you are seeing every record as update here are my wild guesses.

1. You are writing to oracle database with APT_ORACLE_PRESERVE_BLANKS flag set to false and while loading those blanks are ommited.
2. You are unsupported character getting coverted to junk while inserting in to database and when compared back with correct character with junk, its marking it as update.

These are just a few most obvious ones but there are a few more, so I think we will be able to point out the actual cause only if you explain your job design.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
ds_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_developer »

Check the Link Ordering tab and make sure the Before and After links are correct.

John
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Amin - have you been able to make any progress on this? Figured out what is going on?
-craig