Tracking user id from which job has been run

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vikram_hm123
Participant

Tracking user id from which job has been run

Post by vikram_hm123 »

Hi,

We have a requirement in our project to track the user id from which the job has been run. How can we achieve this? Kindly suggest

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Add ExecDOS as a before-job or after-job subroutine and execute any Windows command that will identify the user (such as echo %USER%).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

'Track' how? Meaning, and do what with it?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I usually just look at the user name in the detailed job log entries, although what shows up there can vary depending on user registry type and whether or not credential mapping is used.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
vikram_hm123
Participant

Post by vikram_hm123 »

Hi Chulett,

We are handing over the project to different team to monitor the production jobs, rerun if job aborts. In case if they mishandle(like run job unnecessarily) and any issue occurs, it would be helpful if we can identify the user.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why, if you've "handed it over"? Doesn't it become their problem? :wink:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As noted, you can identify the user by simply looking in the log. Of course at some point the logs will purge and that information will be gone. I was looking for more specifics as to what you need to do with it - 'track' is a far too generic term. Do you need to store it somewhere, in say something like a run history table? Include it in a failure email? Something else entirely?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chanaka
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chanaka »

When you say user, are you referring to InfoSphere Domain user or the operating system user?