Datastage -Netezza Error : SQLCODE=HY000][Native=46] ERROR:

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dgokulakrishnan
Participant

Datastage -Netezza Error : SQLCODE=HY000][Native=46] ERROR:

Post by dgokulakrishnan »

Dear Team -

Designed a Parallel Job to invoke the Netezza Sequence by using "Netezza Connector" and this Parallel JOB has been executed with multiple instances but encountered with the following error.

; [SQLCODE=HY000][Native=46] ERROR: Deadlock detected. Resubmit your request.

I hope that due to concurrency issues the above error has been encountered.

At this moment, as an interim solution the autosys JILs are scheduled to run Sequentially instead of Parallel.

Is there any way to handle in Datastage level instead of Autosys JIL Level.

Thanks & Regards,
Gokul
Thanks & Regards,

Gokula Krishnan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Determine whether record-level or page-level deadlocks are occurring, with the help of your DBA. If it's record-level, you can change your job design so that the same key value cannot be processed on more than one partition.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dgokulakrishnan
Participant

Post by dgokulakrishnan »

Thanks Ray.

I noticed that we are using Netezza V7.X and Datastage V8.7 but the Netezza Connector has the variant 4.5

If I try to install the fix pack for the latest Netezza Connector Stage, would it help ?.

However, I shall check with my DBA to determine whether its a page-level or Record-Level deadlocks.
Thanks & Regards,

Gokula Krishnan
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I doubt it would help in this circumstance but it's always good to be current on your fixpacks.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers