Passing password with SFTP stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chanaka
Premium Member
Premium Member

Passing password with SFTP stage

Post by chanaka »

Hi Experts,

We all know that we can perform SFTP using PX FTP stage. Also we know that we have to do the passwordless ssh configuration to do sftp successfully. We have already implemented this and that is working fine.

There is a new requirement for us. We have to SFTP a source server and get some files. The catch is we are not allowed to do the passwordless ssh configuration in that server as it is prohibited due to security reasons. Hence we have to perform SFTP passing the password. As I know this is not allwoed in current datastage version (our version is 9.1.2).

We are aware that there is a workaround by installing sshpass utility and using a execute command stage to do the task. However we want to confirm whether there is anyway for us to do this using DataStage FTP stage.

Appreciate your earliest responses.

Cheers!

Chanaka
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Assumig you are correct and you can't use a parameter as the password
And regardless of that need, I prefer using the command line invocation of the sftp.
That way your allowing easier trouble shooting if and when something goes wrong.

IHTH (I Hope This Helps),
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org