Change capture: Duplicate records based on key

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sharmabhavesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Change capture: Duplicate records based on key

Post by sharmabhavesh »

Hi,
I have a before and after dataset which have two columns PK(Primary key) and VK(Value key). Now in the Before dataset I have records like:

PK VK
A 1
A 2
A 3

In the after dataset I have all the records in before dataset plus some new records like:

PK VK
A 1
A 2
A 3
A 4
A 5
B 1

Will my change capture be able to work properly considering that I have duplicate records in both before and after dataset. Also, if change capture does not work with duplicate records, does it mean duplicate records in after dataset or duplicate record in before dataset.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Have you tried it yet? That's usually the quickest way to answer a question like that. Also, those aren't "duplicates" but rather un-changed records.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sharmabhavesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sharmabhavesh »

Hi,
We are currently on the Datastage job design phase and do not have access to Datastage thats why could not try myself. So if there are multiple 'not changed records' with the same key, will my change capture still work (If I sort and partition my before and after dataset based on my key).
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm unclear why you think it wouldn't work, you should be fine. Do you have access to the documentation for the stage?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers