ETL Statistics

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ETLHMC
Premium Member
Premium Member

ETL Statistics

Post by ETLHMC »

Hello.

I am new to Datastage 9.1 and am trying to find a way to collect the following information from a parallel job after it runs:

Job Name
Job Status
Start Date
End Date
Records Read
Records Updated
Records Inserted

I want to take this information and update a table in our Data Warehous for each job. I've looked at the DSJobReport, but it doesn't break out the inserts and updates. I've also tried the dsjob -logdetail, but that doesn't look like an easy or efficient way to get this data.

So, I was hoping that someone else has gone down this path and has a better way to collect this from all jobs, without too much customization to collect it for each individual job.

Thanks for your input.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

IBM has already gone down that road and provided a database schema and web console. Just configure it and turn on some settings, and the stats are already loaded into a database for you.

Have you looked into the IBM InfoSphere DataStage Operations Console? It has been part of the product since version 8.7, I believe. The database schema is well documented. Here is a link.

IBM Knowledge Center - Operations database schema reference
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ETLHMC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ETLHMC »

Thank you, we will head in that direction.

Your help is very much appreciated.