ORA-12541: TNS:no listener

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kmk
Participant

Post by kmk »

Hi,

i am uisng the DataStage 7.5.1.a and dtabase oralce 10g, but now we want migrate the oracle 10g to 11g.
for that DBA is given me 11 g database with details of server name and username and password and he updated the tns entires for this databases.
and i didn't change any thing from datastae side.
after the testing i am able to make connection sqlplus in unix to oracle 11g and datastge server jobs i able read the data from table in 11g but parallel job i am getting below error

Oracle error: -12541

Please sugget me on this and let me know if any information needed.

thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Assuming both the database and listener are indeed up (confirmed by the DBA?) then more than likely you're using the wrong connection information in the job.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Test the Oracle connection from your DataStage server, outside of DataStage. Test using sqlplus and/or tnsping commands.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
kmk
Participant

Post by kmk »

Hi,

i have tested it from sql plus on unix i am able to connect the database,and i have tested with sample server job just read the data from 11g database and load into sequential file its working fine with out any errors.

problem with only parallel job i have given server name and username and password in oracle enterprise stage but i am unable to view the data.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

By chance are your parallel jobs getting dispatched to a compute node rather than working off the Head Node?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

All of those tests just prove that the instance is up and accessible. However, each could have their own unique Oracle environment setup - without you validating that they all use the correct ORACLE_HOME for instance and library path, it doesn't really tell you all that much. Other than the fact that the parallel environment is wrong / different.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
attu
Participant

Post by attu »

Ok it's been a while working on 7.5.x.....
Is 7.5.1 even compatible with 11g?

Is your 11g DB an oracle RAC?

Did the client piece also upgraded to 11g on the ETL server? Or are you using 10g client?

If you have upgraded the client to 11g , is it 64 bit or 32 bit?

Also, please ensure your dsenv is updated with the correct library path for oracle .Thanks