Unknown error in Datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pkll
Participant

Unknown error in Datastage

Post by pkll »

Hi All,

I am getting below error.
APT_IOPort::readBlkVirt: read for block header,partition 0,[fd,5], returned-1 with error 10,054(Unknown error).
When I executing job with single node I am not getting any error or warning messages.But, when I am executing four nodes I am getting above fatal error.But all records are processing output file with green color.

Could you please let me know how to resolve this ?

Thanks in Advanced Help!!!
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Although you did not pioneer in getting this error but seems you do not have much info available on this error.

Do you always get this error when you run on multiple node. Did you try looking at resources on the server when this job is running? do you have some other program writing to same dataset? Try running your your job in isolation and monitor disk during that time.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

which DataStage version you are using btw?
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
pkll
Participant

Post by pkll »

Hi Priyadarshi kunal,

I am using 9.1 version.I am getting this error only one job when I am using multi node configuration.

Could you please let me know in which situation this error will come.
I have not faced this error previously.

Anyone please help me how to resolve this error...

Thanks in Advanced Help!!!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Involve your official support provider, especially for errors of the "unknown" type.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Well, you know that it works for one, but not for more. That is a start.

Look at your APT file. Look to see if you have read/write permissions to your scratch and resource disks for the other nodes.

Look at your input file to the job. Is it a dataset? How many partitions was it created with?

Is it sequential? What partitioning method did you define in your other stages? (hash, all, same, etc...)
dsetlteam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsetlteam »

We faced the same error recently. Upon analysis, we couldn't find anything concrete so a PMR was raised with IBM. IBM confirmed that the issue is related to Operating System(windows). As of now we are still awaiting their further response and resolution.

For reference, below is the error we were getting.

Lookup_264,0: APT_IOPort::readBlkVirt: read for block header, partition 0, [fd 14], returned -1 with errno 10,054 (Unknown error)

Regards!
pkll
Participant

Post by pkll »

Thanks for all replies...

I got solution.

After I added APT_NO_IOCOMM_OPTIMIZATION environment variable it is working fine...