ODBC Connector - Design time information error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nagac
Premium Member
Premium Member

ODBC Connector - Design time information error

Post by Nagac »

Hi,

I have parallel job which uses Schema file and Run Time Column Propagation functionality. Job Design as below

Seqential File-->ColImport-->Transformer-->ODBC Connector.

It is loading the data but it is throwing warnings for each field in Schema File. Just to let you know there are no transformations in job except one field with Hardcoded value.

Code: Select all

Schema field <column name> in input data set 0 not present in design time information.  Extended field properties for this field will not be available.
Is this the problem with ODBC Connector?

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This message usually stems from the fact that the Connector checks metadata in the job (design time information) against actual metadata (in the database), and alerts you to the fact that there are some columns not being selected.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Nagac
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nagac »

Actually there are no missing columns in the job. It displays for all columns in schema file.

This job uses schema file and rcp functionality.
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

I believe it is simply a side-effect of using RCP. I've seen the same warning from a Teradata Connector when using RCP. The connector is simply warning that it doesn't have design information for a column, which obviously it doesn't since RCP allows columns to be propagated without naming them.

Your options are: 1) don't use RCP, 2) handle the message with a message handler, 3) live with the message, or 4) contact your official support provider.

I chose to demote the message with a message handler since I wasn't willing to give up on RCP.

Mike