Reporting on full table column analysis

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

deboots
Premium Member
Premium Member

Reporting on full table column analysis

Post by deboots »

I'm new to using Info Analyzer and haven't yet found the report I need.

IA gives you such great metadata about the columns in a table - but is there some way to see that in total? I'd love to see a report that show max, min, cardinality%, and implied format for each field. Right now it looks like I'll have to copy that manually into an Excel spreadsheet. That can't be right!?! What other options are there for me on 8.7?

Thanks in advance for your help!
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

IA has many reports available to choose from. Have you looked under the Home menu / Reports / IA category / Column Summary category?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
deboots
Premium Member
Premium Member

Thanks

Post by deboots »

That's a good option. I do wish there was something in more of a table format instead of the book format. But thanks for narrowing it down for me - lots of reports to explore!
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Take a look at IAAdmin -getColumnAnalysisResult. It just returns the data so you'll have to format it yourself, but it's an option to get the column summary results in a format that isn't just a butchered copy of the PDF / HTML version... <grumbles about data vs presentation, and from an IM product, no less>