Cannot read osh phantom output

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sandeepgs
Participant

Cannot read osh phantom output

Post by sandeepgs »

Hi All,

I am executing a datastage parallel job with the below mentioned design.

Design:
ODBC --- SequentialFile.

The job is designed to send JMS requests to the Queue and is a long running job which will run more than 2 days.

After being executing for 5 days the job had aborted with the below mentioned error.

Error:
Cannot read osh phantom output file 'SH_16584_17606_694957', status '0'
Cannot read osh monitor phantom output file 'DSD.OshMonitor_16584_17607_259986', status '0'

But the load on the job had increased from 3 million to 12 million and the duration of execution went way beyond 2 days.

So request to please go through the issue and let me know if there is any possible solutions for the same.

Thanks In Advance.

Regards,
Sandeep
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

At what time did the job abort? Something round, like exactly at midnight or noon? I don't believe that DataStage is doing this, but that the abort of the job is caused by some other process deleting the output file.
sandeepgs
Participant

Post by sandeepgs »

Thanks ArndW for your response and please find the below mentioned details as requested.

Details:

Job Start DateTime: 2013-05-27 4:53:24 AM
Job End DateTime: 2013-05-30 5:14:39 AM (Warning Time)

I checked the existence of target file in the target directory and is available, so I confirm you that the source file is not deleted.

Please check and do let me know if you are looking for more information from my end.

I am continuing my analysis will update you if there is any breakthrough.

Thanks & Regards,
Sandeep.
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

in these cases, first thing to check will we whether anyone or any other process cleared scratch space. tmp folder etc.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Has this happened several times, each time with an abort after just a bit more than 3 days?
sandeepgs
Participant

Post by sandeepgs »

Hi All,

Thanks for all responses.

We just re-ran the job and is successful.
battaliou
Participant

Post by battaliou »

I got the same error this morning. I was running 8 way multi-process, and all 8 came up with the warning as the last event in the log file. The data loaded ok, but my sequence failed as it did not get a "Executed OK" return. DS 8.1.0.0 no patches on SunOS 5.10. Scratch and Swap space fine. I believe this may have something to do with the JobMon as indicated by DSD.OshMonitor message. I don't believe I can replicate this easily. My best guess is a network or WAS issue.
3NF: Every non-key attribute must provide a fact about the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key. So help me Codd.