Problem setting up DataStage 8.5 client on Citrix

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinod_sri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem setting up DataStage 8.5 client on Citrix

Post by vinod_sri »

Hello Forum,

We are setting the DataStage client access on Citrix server. After creating ThinApp using VMware for IBM DataStage Designer Client v8.5, I am getting the below error.

Internal Error: Failed to initialize the CDSRepos. InitStage=9
Extender error information:
Automation error

This error occur while the designer client is getting loaded. I tried this package on my laptop and is working absolutely fine.

I raised a PMR with IBM. I was asked to set the following to trace the JVM load.

XMOG_TRACE_LEVEL=TraceVerbose
XMOG_TRACE_FILE=c:\temp\xmog_trace.log

But, the logs are disappearing as soon as the client load is failed. Hence, we couldn't share any logs with IBM.

Can anyone please help me how to fix this.

Thanks
Vinod
Thanks

Vinod
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Talk with your Citrix/Thin Client team, ask them if install path is protected. DataStage updates files when it executes, you may have to redirect some to a path you have r/w authority too.

*drops 2 cents*
vinod_sri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vinod_sri »

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

Tomorrow we have a call with the Citrix team and I will definitely confirm on the install path.

Can you please advise me on any other things to consider that could potentially cause this problem? So that I can discuss them in the call.

I found something on IBM site that there might be a problem with JVM. There is not enough memory to allocate the java heap size used by the client.

Please provide any suggestions regarding this.

Thanks
Vinod
Thanks

Vinod