DB2 SQL error -254

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

CA4T
Premium Member
Premium Member

DB2 SQL error -254

Post by CA4T »

DB2 Error -254 = A NON-ATOMIC statement STATEMENT ATTEMPTED TO PROCESS MULTIPLE ROWS OF DATA, BUT ERRORS OCCURRED

I have a parallel job with 2 (DB2) Connectors and a reject link going to a sequential file.

In the first connector I am selecting off the data I want to extract from the source table. In the second connector I am doing an Insert of that data to the target table. Any rejects should be written to the file.

So, my problem is when I execute the job I get all of my inserts rejected and the DB2 error that gets thrown is a -254. It doesn't really tell me my true DB2 issue. I had to modify the input so I only had 1 row and run it and found out my DB2 issue was -530 or forign key issue.

Is there any tricks out there to get the true DB2 error codes to go to the log?
Argus Health
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try setting Array Size and Transaction Size to 1, at least while troubleshooting. Like every other property in Connector stage types, these can be made job parameters.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
CA4T
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by CA4T »

That did work but impacted performance. Any other thoughts?
Argus Health
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I answered the question "Is there any tricks out there to get the true DB2 error codes to go to the log?"

I don't know any other "tricks" to achieve this result. I prefer to prevent error codes. Once you've figured out what the errors are you can fix the cause(s), then revert your array and transaction sizes to production settings.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.