service first request is consuming more time

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

moulicherukuri
Participant

service first request is consuming more time

Post by moulicherukuri »

I have a web service job for address cleansing which accepts input as array and delivers array output

This job has 5 input columns and returns nearly 59 output columns (CASS address fields ,Standardized address fields..)

To improve performance and to reduce payloads build job to accept pipe delimited input and returns pipe delimited output without column names.

The following are the setting for services which this job is using

-- Active job instances
Min -- 2
Max -- 5

-- Idle Time
Min -- 60 sec
Max -- 0 sec( checked infinite check box)

-- Activation Threshold
Service requests -- 3
Delayed -- 1000 (milliseconds)

-- Request limit : 5

The problem is this service is going into Idle after sometime and getting timeout errors; to resolve this and to keep service alive implemented workaround method sending 10 records as requests to this services every 5 mins continuously through DataStage job

But every morning first request is consuming more time

Guru's:- Do I need to take any extra steps to keep this service alive ?
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Not sure.....prior to your submitting those dummy requests (ie..when you know you are going to have a long-response-time condition), take a look in the DS Director....are the instances up and running and available? That would be the first thing I would check....possibly there are issues with CASS and initialization after a long delay --- I'm not sure....

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
moulicherukuri
Participant

Post by moulicherukuri »

Yes the Instances are up and running.I checked it I have 1 in compiled state and other 2 in running state