Error loading connector library

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bruneo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error loading connector library

Post by bruneo »

I'm having the same issue as discussed here but with Oracle 11.2. My error is:

Error loading connector library libccora11g.so. libclntsh.so.11.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have the /home/oracle/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/client1 path explicitly added to ORACLE_HOME, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH in dsenv. The connector works fine when I run the job, but I get the error either trying to test the connection or select a server via the Connector stage in Designer.
bruneo
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Un-jacked. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
cdp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cdp »

Hi, I have the same problem. I'm not quite sure what the response 'Un-jacked' means !? Could you elaborate. Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I meant it to mean "un-hijacked"... as in split out to its own post and linked back to the original post it came from. Got nothing to do with the problem or solution, just a Moderator thing related to the fact that one shouldn't really jump on an old post... if you have a problem and can't find a solution in the forums, you should start a new topic of your own. With details.

Now, what exactly is "the same problem" that you have?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

I think you need to restart datastage server.

Check the output of ldd

Code: Select all

ldd /opt/IBM/InformationServer/DSComponents/bin/libccora10g.so 
this should provide a list of the libraries that are required by the oracle 10g connector nd I think that there may be some libraries that it can not find.

If it results no error restart the node agent and engine ,otherwise try restarting datastage all services.
cdp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cdp »

chulett wrote:Now, what exactly is "the same problem" that you have?
The problem of the error message telling me that there is an error loading the connector library libccora11g.so

The resolution was to make some additions to the dsenv script, ensuring that LD_LIBRARY_PATH contained a link to the DSComponents/bin folder, plus the ORACLE_HOME locations.