DataStage able to import WSDL with references

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ecclesr
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage able to import WSDL with references

Post by ecclesr »

With 8.5, we are unable to import WSDL that have references eg ns1:, ns2: etc

Our work arround is to modify our XML such that the references are substitued with the xml blocks they work originally referencing.

Have more current version DataStage resolved the need to do this work around and not need to modify the original XML. If at which version was this resolved

Thanking you all in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you sure that you can't import them, or is it only that the web service provider doesn't accept them in a SOAP request?

Have you tried importing WSDL from another provider? (The one you're using has some strange "standards".)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

There definitely were some improvements made to support "import" and "include" statements in the xsd portion of a wsdl, but I can't remember when...it was a special patch years ago, maybe against 8.1 (?).....and there still may be "some" constructs that the importer doesn't understand.......but it's too long ago to know. You'd have to try a new wsdl with one of these constructs and see. I haven't encountered one or heard of issues with this in awhile.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>