Deployment Runtime Settings

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

gsbrown
Premium Member
Premium Member

Deployment Runtime Settings

Post by gsbrown »

I want to make sure I'm setting up a particular service runtime scenario properly. I have a web service that I only want running if there's a submitted request. Then, from that point leave the instance running for any immediate subsequent requests, but if one hasn't come through within 5min then shut the service down. Therefore, so as long as requests are coming through within 5min apart, the service should stay active. No maximum shutdown timeout is needed.

I have these settings and it appears to be working. Testing appears to be working the way I would like. I'm basically just looking for confirmation that these are the correct settings for the scenario I've described and if there are any other settings I should consider?

Minimum Instances = 0
Maximum Instances = 1
Min Idle Time = 300
Max Idle Time = 0 (infinite)
Activation Threshold = 3 requests, 1000 delay
Maximum Runtime = infinite
Stuck Timeout = 300 (just in case - no request should take this long)
Request Limit = 5

This is a "sometimes" used lookup service, so I'm not concerned about managing and balancing the number of simultaneous requests and left those at their default values.

Thanks for your help!