Sequential File rejects

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

suja.somu
Participant

Sequential File rejects

Post by suja.somu »

Can anyone explain me the below question.

What all the possible reasons, a sequential file stage will reject data to a reject link.

Suppose I have 4 columns as below

Col1 varchar Not Null,
Col2 varchar Null,
Col3 varchar Not Null
Col4 varchar Null
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is this an interview question?

As a general rule strings are never rejected.

But you have not provided any information about Null Field Value property or the data values in the file, so a complete answer is clearly impossible.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
suja.somu
Participant

Post by suja.somu »

Thanks Ray.

This is not a interview question. I did a search in help and I could not find any details on the reasons of the rejects in a sequentila file stage, so I posted in the forum.

I have a requirement to read a sequential file ( csv file ) and load into target file.

As per the metadata of the csv file, for the Null values, the I have set the Null field value property to handle the nulls.

Other than this, what are the possible rejects of the stage.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Only one that I can imagine - reading a null (null field value) for Col1 or Col3 where there is no default value defined.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.